Health Information Management (Records/Referrals)
What is Health Information Management?
Health Information Management at PCHC comprises of Medical Records and Referrals and provides a supportive role to the organization. It oversees all facets of the organization’s collection and retention of records assuring privacy and security of each patient’s health information by collaborating with other departments to achieve that assurance. We analyze patient visits for completeness of the record, working with other practices, providers, and practice staff to complete the required documentation requirements. Professionalism and respect for the confidentiality of patient health information are very important aspects of all team members who work within health information management.
Dental & Medical Records Contact Information:
• Click here to make a web-based medical record request through Ciox, our information management service provider
• Ciox customer service phone: 1-800-367-1500
• Ciox fax number: 1-470-589-2006
• Ciox customer service email: email@example.com
Things to Know When Requesting Records:
• The patient’s full name
• The patient’s date of birth
• The name of the medical facility
• Other identifiers to help with the search
• PCHC Medical Records has a 30-day turnaround time to process requests submitted.
Resource for Retrieving Immunization Records:
The Maine Immunization Information System (ImmPact) is a statewide immunization information system that stores electronic immunization records. This system is run by the State of Maine Department of Health and Human Services and is free of charge to request one’s records.
The ImmPact Immunization Record Request can be accessed here: ImmPact Immunization Record Request
Frequently Asked Questions:
HIM does not manage the Patient Portal, please see link below containing the PCHC Patient Portal information. You can also call the PCC for any additional questions at (207) 404-8100 opt.4
To receive a copy of your or your child’s medical records, please contact our information management service provider using one of the methods below.
Referrals Contact Information:
Phone Number: (207) 404-8300 opt.4
Fax Number: (207) 307-3920
Things to Know When Requesting Referrals:
- If you need your provider to place a referral to a specialty office to obtain an appointment, please contact your provider’s office. Only providers can submit a specialty referral.
- If you need an insurance referral from a specialty visit that you already have scheduled, please call Referrals at (207) 404-8300 opt.4 to request this insurance referral.
Frequently Asked Questions:
For the following procedures are processed in two days. ALL others are processed within 7 days. Please note that once processed the specialty service will reach out about scheduling.
- Cardiac consults
- MIBIs (all nuclear stress tests)
- Treadmills (TMET)
- Diagnostic mammograms
- Diagnostic colonoscopies
- All CT’s
- All MRI’s
- All ultrasounds
- All biopsies
- Spurwick referral
The specialty office will contact you directly to set up an appointment.
Please contact provider’s office directly to receive your results. They may also be made available via the patient portal which can be accessed here: https://pchc.com/patient-portal/
You can also request your medical records by following the request process listed in the records section above.