All Brewer High School and Brewer Community School students have access to our School-Based Health Center, which provide health care services, right in school. Even if your child has a primary care provider elsewhere, he/she can receive immediate and on-site medical, dental, and mental health care, right in school, at Brewer’s School-Based Health Center (SBHC). This is possible through a program with Penobscot Community Health Care (PCHC).
At the SBHC, PCHC health professionals can treat a variety of medical issues, including asthma, strep throat, acne, rashes, sprains and strains, stitches, annual well-child exams, sports physicals, immunizations, vomiting, sports injuries, and more! Our SBHC staff also provides mental health counseling and dental care services.
By using the SBHC, students simply walk down the hall to receive the same professional medical care they would receive at one of our family medical practices. The convenience of this location eliminates the need for parents to leave work and provide transportation! Note: Your child does not need to be a PCHC patient to enroll in this program. Learn more about Brewer School-Based Health Centers on the Brewer School website or call 992-2393 with any questions!
Check us out on Facebook!
- Brewer School Based Health Center, Enrolled User Survey: Data Analysis, July 1, 2013 – June 30, 2014, Brewer High SchoolBrewer School Based Health Center, Enrolled User Survey: Data Analysis, July 1, 2013 – June 30, 2014, Brewer Community School
- Brewer School Based Health Center, Enrollment Data, 2013-2014 School Year, Brewer High School and Brewer Community School
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, “The Health Consequences of Smoking—50 Years of Progress: A Report of the Surgeon General,” National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Office on Smoking and Health, 2014, http://www.surgeongeneral.gov/library/reports/50-years-of-progress/
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “High School YRBS – Maine Youth Current Cigarette Use,” 2014, http://nccd.cdc.gov/youthonline/App/
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance – United States, 2013,” June 13, 2014, http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/ss6304a1.htm#tab31
- American Lung Association, “Report Card Grades State Tobacco Control Activities,” January 2007, http://www.lung.org/press-room/pressreleases/tobacco-control-activities-2007.html
- Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids, “The Toll of Tobacco in Maine,” January 8, 2015, http://www.tobaccofreekids.org/facts_issues/toll_us/maine
- Maine Public Health Association, “Use the Fund for a Healthy Maine for Its Intended Purpose,” April 1, 2013, http://www.mainepublichealth.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Use-the-FHM-for-its-intended-purpose-2013-04-01.pdf
- Trust for America’s Health and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, “F as in Fat, How Obesity Threatens America’s Future, 2013,” August 2013, http://healthyamericans.org/assets/files/TFAH2013FasInFatReportFinal%209.9.pdf
- Brewer School Based Health Center, User Survey, June 12-13, 2014, Brewer High School and Brewer Community School
- Brewer School Based Health Center, Enrollment Data, 2014-2015 School Year, Brewer High School and Brewer Community School
Primary Phone Number
207-992-2393 (Community School)
Secondary Phone Number
207-992-2456 (High School)
Available by appointment, or simply walk in!
Monday: 8am - 3pm at Brewer High School
Tuesday: 8am - 2pm at Brewer Community School
Wednesday: 8am - 3pm at Brewer Community School
Thursday: 8am - 3pm at Brewer High School
Friday: 8am - 3pm at Brewer High School
We are more than happy to travel from one school to another. Simply call: 207-992-2393